Due to the Coronavirus, the information on the page below does not reflect up to date information give the current circumstances.
The Carmel Mission Docent Association (CMDA) was founded in 2005. The organization was formed to serve in the capacity of historical stewardship for the Mission and its art and artifacts and to provide a welcoming presence and historical information to our many visitors. To achieve this purpose, we:
- Lead tours of the Mission property and museums
- Man an Information Kiosk to provide assistance to visitors
- Collect the Museum admission fee
- Assist visitors on self-guided tours
- Develop and implement Association projects that support the museum
- Research, catalog and archive artistic and historical artifacts
- Participate in special events
- The Association meets quarterly and frequently invites an expert guest speaker to address the membership. Presentations are generally historical in nature to support the enrichment of our members. The Association sponsors a docent training program for new docents and accepts new members throughout the year.
Join a great group committed to preserving Mission and early California history. There are many ways to participate. If you like meeting people from around the world and sharing history and art, call us at: (831) 624-1271, extension 213 or click on this link to complete a Docent Association Form.
CMDA Docent Resource Center
Are you a Docent? To access the CMDA Docent Resource Center, login here.
To send an email to the Docent Coordinator, click here.